Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Finger Surgery

In September I had surgery on my right middle finger.  It was an early morning, we were on the rode at 5:30am to Fargo.  The nurse's just loved me and couldn't believe what a cooperative little boy I was.  I did great through surgery and in recovery. 
 
What is going on this early in the morning?

Snoozin' on the way to Fargo

All dressed in my scrubs!

Can't forget my papi and blankie!

Oh look at this sweet little boy!

Playing before the nurse comes to get me.

The nurse gave me a little Dr. kit to take home and play with.

They also gave me a teddy bear!

Dad and I heading back to surgery

In the recovery room.  When mom and dad came into recovery I was still sleeping but once I heard mommy's voice I woke right up!  Here I am enjoying a cracker I was so hungry!  I ended up having a cast on for 3 wks, as surgery didn't go quite as smooth as it should, but it never slowed me down.  Right away I kept saying take this thing off, but eventually I got used to it and the day it came off I wanted it back on.  Grandma Kelly and I named him "stumpy"

They treated me like royalty, meeting me with a wheelchair after recovery. 

Showing off my cast and my undies.  I have been wearing undies for the past 2 weeks now!  Mommy and Daddy can't believe how well I am doing.  Now I really am a big boy, except I just can't get rid of that "papi"  Mommy and Daddy are excited that I am in undies now, so they won't have 2 kids in diapers!  Hooray!

Like my cast sleeve.  I borrowed it from Hayden.  He had from when he broke his arm.  It was nice to have so I could take "normal" baths.

No comments:

Post a Comment